Elsewhere is coming at you a day early this time around, because tomorrow I have something exciting to show you!
– Love the story behind Cestari yarns — how did I not know he milled his own?
– Is anyone surprised I’m excited about Shelter Marls?
– On the rise of luxury basics brands (Cheers to making our own)
– On taking time to finish simple things well
– Major sweater inspiration: front and back
– Ace & Jig founders on how they develop their incredible fabrics
– And this incredible trove of Life mag photos (thx, Anecolie!)
Hopefully these links will carry you through the weekend, but make sure you don’t miss tomorrow morning’s post! ;)
Images: top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right
What a wonderful set of photos of craftspeople and their work. Click on the magazine link and read the whole magazine. I grew up on LIFE.
A day early means more time to explore your always interesting links. Of course, the minute I saw this marled yarn from BT, I thought: Karen is going to be over the moon. 😁
went to my LYS to pick up cumbria to swatch for the kal and I picked a GOOD DAY because they had just got in the BT marled and let me see them. it’s very tempting to quit my whole plan and use one of those marls!!! #firstpick
I may have snapped up 10 skeins of Shelter marl yesterday. Heavenly! I love a good marl! :-)
Thrilling to view the “incredible trove” of photos of people “making”. I simply had to push back everything on my to-do-list and knit a few rows as my attempt to participate in the joy!
Thanks to you for sharing Karen. I’m glad you enjoyed !
Looking forward to tomorrow’s post! Great links.
Beautiful basics definitely are a luxury! Great links to go with my morning coffee. Thanks for sharing my thoughts on finishing!
That tiny video is incredible.
Pingback: Elsewhere | Fringe Association