Hey, guess what — we’ve all survived another holiday pre-season! Now for the fun part: eating. I’m keeping Elsewhere on the lighter side this week, but here are some golden nuggets to keep you entertained if and when you need it—
– That time the Mason-Dixon ladies’ spoof country music recording (pictured top left) got mistaken for a historical document
– Want to paper your walls in knitted fabric? (I might if they weren’t all so terrifyingly enormous! DG disagrees with me.) (bottom right) See also: Alpaca wallpaper
– More on the Prada knitted fabric fascination (see prev) here and here (especially love the conversation on that one) and here
– Tackling the problem of fashion industry waste (via) — I’m hoping to listen to this on my current road trip
– The new National Mill Inventory site makes my heart happy
– This just in: Julie Hoover is not perfect (bottom left)
– 7 reasons why you should knit your own basics
– @notaprimarycolor’s sketchbook planning for #sewmystyle (top right) has me itching to update my queue-book
– and on the unrelated subject of our riven nation, make sure you watch the Sam Bee and Glenn Beck interview.
Whatever holiday or ritual you may be observing this weekend, I hope it’s a good one. Happy everything, everyone— <blowing kiss emoji>
Yes, this is so reassuring learning that Julie Hoover makes mistakes ! (but unravels everything to fix it)
About the P… sweater, I knew I had seen something very similar, and it is on Marilla Walker Instagram : here https://www.instagram.com/p/BNppFncDibF/ and here https://www.instagram.com/p/BNsAvyQjS_D/
That stitch is mesmerizing !
Anyone know a pattern that resembles the disney roller girl basic turtleneck? I love it! Finding an error in Julie’s scarf was like a Where Waldo prank (no Waldo:)
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays Karen! Thank you for all 2016 posts
I gave up trying to find the mistake :|
The mistake is in the cable on the right—She did the left cross (?) twice instead of mirrored left and right crosses. :)
Aha! Well no one is perfect 😉
That interview was hilarious! We need more of that this time of year.
Merry Christmas, Karen! Thank you for all you do for the knitting community (and the wanna-be’s). Best wishes for more success in the coming year.
HEY! I said I LIKED the WALLPAPER for a RETAIL space.
Thank you so much for introducing me to @notaprimarycolour’s feed! So inspiring. Makes me want to get my sketchbook out!
Also, thank you for sharing my article. I really appreciate it!
Pingback: Elsewhere | Fringe Association