Elbow patches are everywhere these days — from classic brown leather to countless modern interpretations. (And they’re not just for sweaters!) I love them all unto death. Unfortunately, they aren’t applicable to my life or wardrobe, since I have a pathological need to roll or push any given sleeve up over my elbow. So I just gather up images and gaze admiringly at them. And also dream up variations on the HonestlyWTF needle-felted heart idea seen here …
Top to bottom, left to right:
1. Simple brown cotton patches on a navy pullover by Brandy Melville
2. Needle-felted hearts in a DIY tutorial by HonestlyWTF
3. Crocheted doily as elbow patch on what I believe to be a Dosa sweater — can anyone confirm?
4. Contrasting front, back and elbow patches at J. Crew
5. Chambray patchwork on floral by Junya Watanabe
6. Gingham inserts — by let me know if you know!
These are so wonderful–I love the crocheted one! Now I’m dreaming of a knitted sleeve that starts from a counterpane elbow patch. . .
Bristol, that latest sweater of yours — the darling shawl-collared pullover — seems tailor-made for elbow patches. But I love the counterpane idea.
You’ve got me coveting yet again…..
I’ve pinned a few!
Thanks for the felted elbow idea. Fantastic! I can’t wait to try this out…
You’re welcome! Might give that a try myself one of these days. (Though not heart-shaped, for me.)
Me neither…can’t stand them! I was thinking it would work really well to add a motif to the front of an old beige cashmere sweater I never really wear anymore (it is just too dull now that I have learned to knit!). I will blog it if I try it out!
I’d love to see.
I will send you a link when/if I get around to it…