Seems like I can’t go five minutes lately without bumping into a marvelously textured hat pattern. (Some new; some new to me.) I’ve been starring and liking and repinning them all over the place, so it seemed like a new roundup was in order. Here are a half-dozen standouts:
1. Acorns by Melissa LaBarre, large-scale geometric stitch pattern, includes both worsted and bulky
2. Guillemet by Emily Platzer, slouchy, chevron-y, worsted and wonderful*
3. Sitka Spruce by Emily Wessel, aran-weight beret with more great geometry (I love this unblocked grey version)
4. Advanced Beanie by Gralina Frie, aran or doubled sport zigzag fun
5. Manhattan #1 by Thea Colman, dk or doubled fingering, the gorgeously Deco pattern sold together with …
6. Manhattan #2 by Amy Christoffers, which is just an absolute show-stopper
*I know I just mentioned this the other day but since it’s my favorite recent hat, this roundup wouldn’t have been complete without it. I’m casting on as soon as I finish my sweater.
For more great hat patterns, see:
— Holiday knitting cheat sheet: A hat for every head
— New Favorites: Fresh hat patterns
— FO Sightings: Kent Turman’s impeccable headwear
These are sooo lovely. That Guillemet really is to-die-for!
Pingback: 2013: My favorite New Favorites and your favorite posts | Fringe Association
Pingback: Best new hat patterns | Fringe Association